Organised into five sections – Cotton, Wool, Silk, Linen and Hide – Cloth provides insight into their craftsmanship and history and includes striking projects that make the most of each fabric’s properties, such as using antibacterial hemp to make napkins. Projects include:
* cotton tote bag, waxed cotton purses, Liberty print cushions
* silk sari curtains, a tie-dyed silk scarf and antique silk wheat bags
* wool oven gloves, pillow covers and a dog bed fashioned from a kilim
* linen bedcovers, slippers and hand-dyed cushions
* leather purses, journals and a sheepskin stool
With a resource guide containing all the information you need to indulge a passion for textiles, such as where to buy antique fabrics, suppliers of organic and well sourced cloth, specialist shops and websites, plus a toolkit of essential kit and instructions on hand-dyeing fabric.